Part-Time Status

Students who wish to attend Wake Forest University on a part-time basis should review the UG Bulletin’s policy and following details in addition to seeking approval via the petition form below.

  1. Students must request permission for part-time status before the last day to add a full-term course in a given semester.  (See the appropriate academic services calendar)
  2. Petitions for part-time status after the last day to add a full-term course requires full tuition to be paid. It is the responsibility of the student to communicate with Student Financial Services regarding payments and Refund Policy.
  3. Students should inquire how a change to Part-Time Status will affect their health insurance coverage, overall financial aid, visa status, and housing options before submitting this form.
  4. Tuition for part-time status is on a per-hour basis.
  5. Part-time students might be ineligible for campus housing unless an exception is made by the Office of Residence Life and Housing.
  6. Part-time students are not eligible for the Dean’s List designation.
  7. Membership to the Campus Rec and other departments may also be forfeited when going part-time. Please check with each department of concern.

*** If you are an undergraduate F-1 student who will not be enrolled in 12 or more credit hours during your final semester, you will need to apply for a Reduced Course Load (RCL) with International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS). Log in to your ISSDeacs account to apply and learn more. If approved for a RCL, you must also complete the petition form below.