Students who wish to attend Wake Forest University on a part-time basis must obtain approval by completing the process and part-time petition form below.
- Students must request permission for part-time status before the last day to add a full-term course in a given semester. (See the appropriate academic services calendar)
- Petitions for part-time status after the last day to add a full-term course requires full tuition to be paid. It is the responsibility of the student to communicate with Student Financial Services regarding payments and Refund Policy.
- Students should inquire how a change to Part-Time Status will affect their health insurance coverage, overall financial aid, visa status, and housing options before submitting this form.
- Tuition for part-time status is on a per-hour basis.
- Part-time students might be ineligible for campus housing unless an exception is made by the Office of Residence Life and Housing.
- Part-time students are not eligible for the Dean’s List designation.
- Membership to the Campus Rec and other departments may also be forfeited when going part-time. Please check with each department of concern.
*** If you are an undergraduate F-1 student who will not be enrolled in 12 or more credit hours during your final semester, you will need to apply for a Reduced Course Load (RCL) with International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS). Log in to your ISSDeacs account to apply and learn more. If approved for a RCL, you must also complete the petition form below.