Students who wish to attend Wake Forest University on a part-time basis should review the following details prior to seeking part-time approval.
- Students are advised to request part-time status before the first day of classes. According to the UG Bulletin’s policy: “Petitions for part-time status after the last day to add a class will be denied, except in the case of special circumstances, and the student will be required to pay full tuition.” (See academic services calendar for the add deadline)
- Tuition for part-time status is on a per-hour basis.
- Students should review their academic transcript with their assigned academic advisor and athletic counselor if applicable.
- It is the responsibility of the student to communicate with Student Financial Services regarding payments and the Refund Policy.
- Students should inquire how Part-Time Status may affect their health insurance coverage and overall financial aid before submitting this form.
- Part-time students might be ineligible for campus housing unless an exception is made by the Office of Residence Life and Housing.
- Part-time students are not eligible for the Dean’s List designation.
- Membership to the Campus Rec and other services/programs may also be forfeited when going part-time. Check with your various involvements for their stipulations.
* Students Athletes must also receive approval from their assigned athletic counselor in order to be approved as a part-time student.
** International Students with an F or J visa may enroll in 12 or less credit hours during their final semester, or with medical support. Apply for a Reduced Course Load (RCL) with International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS). Visit ISSDeacs for more information. RCL is in addition to completing the petition form below.