In exceptional circumstances, undergraduate students may enroll in Wake Forest graduate-level courses. Such students must have junior or senior status and must obtain written permission from the course instructor, the student’s advisor, and the associate dean for academic advising. Typically, undergraduate students will not be allowed to take 600-level classes for credit if the related 300-level class is available; undergraduate students who wish to take a cross-listed course at the graduate level must also follow the procedure described above. Graduate programs have no obligation to admit undergraduate students to their courses and do so at their own discretion.

To request permission to take a graduate-level course, complete the following:

Please note: Once the required department, instructor, and advisor’s approval has been granted, the student should email the form (along with any email approvals) to The request will then be reviewed by the Sr. Associate Dean for Academic Advising.