During the December 13, 2010 meeting, Wake Forest College Faculty approved the following policy regarding final exams:
Students should have no more than two exams in a 24-hour period. They should be allowed to reschedule exams in excess of two in a 24-hour period.
When a student expresses concern to OAA about more than two consecutive final exams:
- OAA and the student will discuss the exams to determine if the situation meets the stipulated qualifications. (The scheduled starting time for each exam is noted: no more than two start times within one 24-hour period)
- If the student is in fact scheduled for more than two exams to start within one 24-hour period, they must then speak with their professor(s) about taking an exam at an alternate time.
- If no professor can or will accommodate the student informally and the exams meet the policy qualification, OAA assists the student with a formal Committee on Academic Affairs petition.
Final Exam Tips
- Know when your exams are scheduled. See Academic Calendars.
- Plan your time to study, exercise, and submit all assignments.
- Attend review sessions, prepare with classmates and tutors, and ask professors!
- Be CONFIDENT in what you have studied and learned.
- Stay hydrated and well fed.
- Sleep is required.
- Meet with professors if you have any concerns (refer to policy).