FAQs – Academic Inquiries in Response to COVID-19

  • How do I elect pass/fail for the spring 2020 WF College classes?

    Election for COVID-19 pass-fail for spring 2020 College courses ended on April 30, 2020. Students may NOT appeal.

    Please view this email from the Dean of the College regarding inaccurate information related to appeals.

  • I am a student with questions about Pass/Fail.

    The Dean of the College sent out this memo to all undergraduate students on 3.22.2020.

    View student FAQ pass/fail page.

  • I am faculty or staff with questions about Pass/Fail.

    The Dean of the College sent out this memo to all undergraduate students on 3.22.2020.

    View faculty FAQ page for pass/fail.

  • How does advising and registration work while away from campus?

    As registration for the Fall 2020 approaches, all lower-division and major/minor advising will continue remotely. Faculty/staff advisers will meet with students digitally to discuss upcoming courses and review current academic progress. Whether via email, phone, Webex, or Google Hangouts, students and advisers should review Degreeworks and discuss course selection prior to the distribution of a PIN for registration. View the Undergraduate Bulletin and our major exploration page to assist with planning.

    Academic counselors within the Office of Academic Advising will also be available for additional support. Please contact us at undergraduateadvising@wfu.edu.

  • How can I schedule an academic planning appointment?

    In lieu of walk-in hours and academic planning appointments, Office of Academic Advising staff will be available to meet remotely ia email, phone, Google Hangouts, and other various remote means.

    Students who normally visit our office during walk-in hours or for regular meetings should call us at 336.758.3320 or email undergraduateadvising@wfu.edu to set up an appointment.

    For general questions or concerns related to the coronavirus, please see https://coronavirus.wfu.edu/ as it is continuously updated.

    All other academic inquiries will be responded to via email or phone.

  • I am experiencing online difficulties, what should I do?

    If you are experiencing difficulties with the submission of online work or online platform functionality, you should first contact your course instructor immediately, then contact IS (Ask Deac) at help@wfu.edu or call 336.758.4357.

  • What should I do if I become ill?

    For students who are ill or quarantined, first seek urgent care by contacting your primary care physician and/or emergency services and follow the guidance from your local health department and the CDC. It is then required that students contact their professors as soon as they are able and follow protocol as explained on our medical emergencies page

    Students needing to exit the university for any medical concern should view our polices on leaving and returning and contact our office by phone at 336.758.3320 or via email at undergraduateadvising@wfu.edu.

  • What academic resources are available to me on campus?

    It is our understanding that academic resources and student support services are investigating how to best support students via telecommunication and virtual online tools. Please visit their individual websites for more information.

  • What support is offered if I do not have a computer or internet access?

    For students who lack broadband access or are without their laptop due to repairs or other reasons, please reach out to the IS Service Desk at help.wfu.edu or 336-758-4357 to request a hotspot or loaner laptop. Please be sure to include your phone number and shipping address to expedite processing.

  • Where do I go if I reside on campus and become ill?

    For students who become ill while residing on campus, please contact the Student Health Service by phone at 336.758.5218 or via email shs@wfu.edu. Students experiencing a medical emergency should dial 911 and seek urgent care first.

    Students diagnosed with an illness should ask that the Student Health Service communicate directly with the Office of Academic Advising, who will then reach out to professors to notify them of the student’s illness.

    Students are responsible for communicating with your professors about adhering to what’s outlined in the syllabus (e.g. online attendance, missed work, deadlines, exams, etc.).

    If a student cannot be seen at Student Health Service and choose to visit an off-campus provider, they should request that said provider communicate with Student Health Service about the condition (e.g. have the provider fax over information, etc.).

  • Who do I contact if I am very depressed, anxious, or discouraged?

    For mental health crises and other continuous needs students should contact the University Counseling Center by phone at 336-758-5273 to set up an appointment.

    You may also contact the Office of the Chaplain at 336-758-5210 or the Campus Ministry Office at 336-758-5248.