School of Business Information Sheet – PDF
First Year Students should:
- Register for BUS 105, ECN 150 and MTH 111 (or MTH 112 for Mathematical Business majors) – Advanced Placement credit for these courses will satisfy the requirement for ECN 150 and MTH 111/112
- Register for Handshake and visit the Office of Professional and Career Development to start getting linked into career information
- Consider registering for a career studies course, CNS 120 (Career Exploration). This course is useful in helping students figure out which major within the School of Business they would like to pursue based on their strengths, weaknesses, interests, and career goals.
- Build a strong resume: job shadow, join clubs, and attend career panels. A resume is required for admission to the School of Business and will be necessary for obtaining an internship.
- Study hard! The field is competitive. In 2015, there were around 320 applicants for 250 available slots. The average GPA of accepted students was 3.50.
- Register for ACC 111 for the fall semester
- Register for BEM 201 for the spring semester
- Register for one additional business course in the spring (optional) if prerequisites are met (School of Business will meet with all ACC 111 students to discuss registration instructions. School of Business will register sophomores for this class before online registration)
- Consider registering for a career studies course, CNS 220 (Options in the World of Work). This will further solidify major and career choices.
- Continue to build a strong resume: gain exposure to careers, attend industry boot camps, secure an internship
- Attend the Sophomore Admissions Event in January (Details will be emailed to all ACC 111 students) and apply!
- Study hard!
Questions about any of this information or the School of Business application process can be directed to Lynn Zimmerman (firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-758-1983) or Sharon Payne (email@example.com or 336-758-4304)